"An exquisite singer-songwriter" Downbeat Magazine ★★★★"
Have you ever wanted to write your own song, but didn't know where to start?
I am here to help guide you through the songwriting process, no matter what level you are at, whether starting from the beginning, or diving into an almost finished album that you simply need a second pair of ears to help polish up.
I see songwriting as SUCH an exciting gift. It is as if you were casting a magic spell; you experience an event, such as a heartbreak, then you write some words, a melody, and before you know it out of thin air you have a beautiful song!!
Topics we will cover to help you hone your own individual and unique voice as a songwriter!
- Song Form: Prosody - all the elements that make up a song
- Verse / Pre-Chorus / Chorus / Bridge: what role do each play
- Arrangement: what kind of sound / production do you want and how to get it
- Lyrics: telling the story |narrative points of view | rhyme schemes
- Melody / Harmony
- Creating your own lyric and chord sheet
- and much more...
I have written five albums of critically acclaimed songs, and am currently on the Songwriting Faculty at Los Angeles College Of Music.